interview with DB Anttonio Brown

Hello members and visitors! The forum has been upgraded to a new server and new forum software versions. We are in the process of tidying up and making it look nicer, but for now, please check out our two newest themes: Steel Nexus and Steel Nexus Worksafe!
  • Anttonio Brown DB Virginia University Lynchburg

When watching the tape this young man will line up just about anywhere and he will hit you too ..

This young man understands his play book otherwise he could not do half the things that are asked of him ,
    it is clear when you plug in the tape he is the leader of his defense .
    lets see if we can find out how he is able to accomplish so much in so many ways

I would like to thank Anttonio for taking the time to sit down and answer some questions with us today
    so without further ado Anttonio Brown

Q)Anttonio what are your true measurable's , I hate using team sites as they are generally off
    A)6Ft 200lb

Q) As I mentioned above when plugging in the tape you seem to be MR Everything lining up all over the defense
    tell us a little bit about how this all came to be and where all you have lined up on the field ?
    A)As a child back to pop warner I played middle and outside-linebacker, once I got to high school I played Corner and Safety.
    So once I got college it became easy to me because this is a position I've been playing all my life. At VUL I've played Nickelback ,Strong and Free Safety. I also lined up in a 5,7 technique.

Q) Tell us how you came to be a VUL and what other offers where on the table ?
    A)I had no offers coming out of high school, not recruited so I walked on at Tyler Jr college things didn't work out so I left.
    I got the opportunity to attend VUL because of a close friend of mine told me about the University.

Q) As a player what special thing or things do you feel you can bring to the table at the next level ?
    A)Always willing to play Special-teams because I believe I'm a special player who can support the run and cover if needed.

Q) How was it playing in the FCS National Bowl and what did you take away from the experience ?
    A) Great Experience playing in Miami against a lot of talented players from all over the country. I just tried to grasp as much knowledge as
    I can from all the coaches and players who were apart of the event.

Q) You seem very aggressive vs the run and seem to love contact are my eyes being true to me ?
    A) Yes I enjoyed supporting the run that is and very important aspect of my game.

Q) How big is your mental game (trash talking , Physicality ) that sort of stuff ?
    A) My mental game is very high, I play close attention to details and formations. I feed off the energy from guys who like to talk trash.
    I enjoy the physical part of the game of football, to me that's very important with the things I like to do.

Q) Growing up who did you mold your game after , and who where your favorite player's ?
    A) Sean Taylor was one of my favorite players of all time, I'm also a big fan of Ed Reed with his ballhawking abilities.

Q) What gives you greater satisfaction stuffing a run play behind the LOS or getting a Sack ?
    A) I really enjoy both honesty but I would have to say a sack because you don't get too many opportunities to hit the quarterback.

Q) At what age did you come to realize playing football could be your life's work ?
    A) Once I turn 23 in college my mindset made that transition to thinking ahead in life about my future.

Q) Outside of football the one person who had the biggest positive effect on your life and why /how ?
    A) My mother, she is the one person who always was there beside me through the rough and the good times she always had my back and never let me down.

Q) How much name confusion do you run into the last few years with the
    rise in Popularity of the 1 T Antonio Brown who plays WR for the Steelers ?
    A) I run into a lot of confusion all the time , but one day everyone would get it right that I spell my name with Two TT's.

Q)If given the choice would you want to be a better player or better person ?
    A) Always a better person because that something that can last with out for the rest of your life outside of football.

Q) Are you currently in training someplace or sticking close to home and hitting the gym ?
    A) I'm currently training at school and with former coaches that key in my position.

Q) What type of things are you currently trying to improve upon prior to pro days ?
    A) Mainly focusing on my speed because the game would be played a lot faster an also my technique.

Q) Finish the sentence .... Anttonio Brown will never ?
    A) Give up or turn my back on my family or my teammates.

Q) Finish the sentence ..... Anttonio Brown will always ?
    A) Be on time for work and give it everything I got on and off the field.

Q) If you could have just 5 min. with a GM to tell him why he should draft you what do you tell him ?
    A) I could be a piece to their puzzle to bring home a Super Bowl.

That is the end of the question portion of this interview , I want to thank you for your time and efforts
    with me during this process and wish you the best of luck in the 2015 NFL draft keep in touch !

you can follow me on twitter @Dwinsgames

you can follow Anttonio Brown on twitter @AnttonioBrown

please tweet and retweet for increased visibility

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin