How to get your avatar back

Hello members and visitors! The forum has been upgraded to a new server and new forum software versions. We are in the process of tidying up and making it look nicer, but for now, please check out our two newest themes: Steel Nexus and Steel Nexus Worksafe!
  • This post probably more belongs in "website stuff" subforum but I'll post it here as it's possibly the first place people will chek on arrival.

If you were already a forum member when we got our nice big forum software upgrade (08 May 2015) then you'll notice, that you can log in just fine but your avatar is missing. Why? The way avatars were stored, I just wasn't able to import them along with everything else.

You can still go get your avatar back if you need to though. The old forum version can still be accessed for now at www.draftsteel.com/ff and you should be able to right-click your avatar and save it... then come back over here and set it as your avatar.

There is a 192x192 pixel limit on your avatar, and if yours is bigger when you upload it, it will get squared off in post previews (see mine for instance... I'll leave it this way for a while so people can see). So you may have to crop it unless that's fine.

If you have any issues retrieving your avatar or making it work just send me a PM and we can get it sorted.

"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George Bernard Shaw

• Going to the address of the old forum (draftsteel.com/ff) now officially redirects to here. If you're seeing this because you tried to go to the old forum, this is still the same place - just freshened way the heck up! You can still log in with your classic username and password, at which time you will be prompted to update your password for security reasons.

But you can no longer retrieve your old avatar via the instructions I posted above. If you make your way back here and still want to retrieve your old avatar, the best way to do that now is to send me a PM and I'll log into the archive and get it for you. :OK:

"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George Bernard Shaw