What are you playing now?

Hello members and visitors! The forum has been upgraded to a new server and new forum software versions. We are in the process of tidying up and making it look nicer, but for now, please check out our two newest themes: Steel Nexus and Steel Nexus Worksafe!
  • I just started playing Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Do most of my video gaming in Steam but now and then I like to settle in for a nice RPG.

"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George Bernard Shaw

• Spent a shameful amount of time playing an NES game called Karnov. I loved it when I was young, found it recently at a resale shop and dove in. Not nearly as good as I remembered, but still fun to do.

Something that I do is refurbish old video games. It's kind of surprising, I would say I've only got hobbyist-level soldering skills but so many people don't know how to solder at all (or are afraid to do it, or don't know how to desolder, etc), that I can make a nice chunk of change here and there doing something that I love. The heavy stuff gets cleaned with Mother's Mag, lighter stuff and final buffing is done with Brasso, and then a quick wipeoff with 90%+ isopropyl... and even the most stubborn game cartridges are working like new, no blowing into the nintendo, anything.

I had a GameCube that I got ridiculously cheap because it was "not working right" - I opened it up, cleaned it out, soldered a new battery onto the board, and that baby's like brand new. :laughing:

"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George Bernard Shaw

• Just played some bizarre indie game called "You are not a banana." How do these things find their way to Steam?

• Nice! I spent several years addicted to World of Warcraft. PvP was not my greatest strength however.

• played wow at initial release got to max lvl in 2 weeks and was having a blast in pvp until they patched in " instance based pvp " and that killed the open world pvp ( that is what I like open world ) so quit playing and left my assassin collect dust ever since ( worst 60 bucks I ever spent )

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

• WildStar is going free-to-play in a couple months here and I"ll be sure to try that out. Did D&D Online for a little while too. For sure I like these kind of games better than games like Battlefield, Call of Duty, etc.

• One of my hobbies is collecting NES cartridges that I don't have yet. I'm not the type of collector who looks for unopened boxes, mint condition items, and that sort of thing - because I want to play the games and perhaps pass them on to kids one day - that said, I still do try to get it in pretty decent shape. Whenever I get a new one I open it up, clean it really well, and seal it - never gets opened again, from then on I just clean the contacts occasionally with a Q-tip. It all works properly without the fussing and blowing. Once every ~10 years I'll open up the NES itself and refurbish the pin connector.

I recently got my hands on Bubble Bobble and had a blast playing it the past couple days!

[youtube]

[/youtube]

• A month or so back, I bought a game on Steam called Lords of Xulima, and over the past week or so I sat down and played through that game. Sort of a classic-style roleplaying adventure - overall quite enjoyed it.

And today I'm re-installing Diablo 3. I'm not going to have time to sit down for lengthy RPGs once school is back in session, so a bit of the ol' "killing monsters" now and then will hit the spot, and be good for blowing off a little steam.

• Yeah, checked out Path of Exile before. Though D3 sure is a lot better with the RoS expansion. Lately played a bit of Don't Starve and Animal Crossing too.