Next up: the twittersplosion!

Hello members and visitors! The forum has been upgraded to a new server and new forum software versions. We are in the process of tidying up and making it look nicer, but for now, please check out our two newest themes: Steel Nexus and Steel Nexus Worksafe!
  • Next thing for me to work on at this point is setting up a twitter feed.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/draftsteelcom/status/598584940335386624[/twitter]

What I want to work on making happen is having all new discussion threads in the Steelers and Draft sections of the site get tweeted out by @draftsteelcom automatically. That'll get the word out and help keep our discussions going --

Thoughts?

"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George Bernard Shaw

• Alright, via rss feeds and an app called twitterfeed.com

Every 30 minutes it will check for new threads in three forums:

Steelers
    College & Draft
    Prospect Interviews

And if there are new threads it will announce them via our twitter.

I'm only anticipating one potential problem and time will tell whether it happens: I want it to post new threads from now on, not every thread from the beginning of time until now. I don't want it to go through and post every single old thread; if it does I may be deleting some tweets until it's finished doing that.

Thenceforth should be good :OK:

• it is posting up the interviews that are already in that section ... not sure if that was intended or not

from now on when I post an interview it will be here in its entirety ( not just a link to another site )

want to build this place not be a middleman for someone else

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

• it is posting up the interviews that are already in that section ... not sure if that was intended or not

from now on when I post an interview it will be here in its entirety ( not just a link to another site )

want to build this place not be a middleman for someone else

Yeah that was my big concern - when I activated the app it posted threads that were already there. Let's hope that was a one-time deal and from now on it just posts new ones.