Steelers Rookie LB Tyler Matakevich Impresses PFF With Preseason Play Against Eagles

Hello members and visitors! The forum has been upgraded to a new server and new forum software versions. We are in the process of tidying up and making it look nicer, but for now, please check out our two newest themes: Steel Nexus and Steel Nexus Worksafe!
  • I love *Dirty Red* the kid has a nose for the ball and is always moving. I think he makes the roster. Its almost amazing to see a Steeler player tackling low!

Pittsburgh Steelers rookie linebacker Tyler Matakevich saw quite a bit of playing time in the team’s 17-0 Thursday night preseason loss at Heinz Field to the Philadelphia Eagles as the Temple product was on the field for 21 defensive snaps in addition to 9 special teams snaps. Matakevich finished the game with 6 combined tackles of which 5 came while playing on defense. Pro Football Focus was very impressed with Matakevich’s play Thursday and according to them, the Steelers seventh round draft pick this year posted the single best inside linebacker performance of the preseason heading into Friday night’s games.
    While I’m not going to show you all 30 snaps that Matakevich played Thursday night against the Eagles, I will show the 6 plays that he registered a tackle stat on.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2…ff-preseason-play-eagles/

• i was thinking fort over matakevich but... the more i watch of him the more there is to like. he will surely be snatched off the PS if they try to stash him there. fort might be the odd man out simply because no one will probably sign him if he doesn't make the 53.

• i was thinking fort over matakevich but... the more i watch of him the more there is to like. he will surely be snatched off the PS if they try to stash him there. fort might be the odd man out simply because no one will probably sign him if he doesn't make the 53.

I honestly do not think either would be safe and is why I suspect they will

A) trade one
    B) someone comes down with a mysterious injury

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

• I think they will keep an extra linebacker and one less safety because of Ventrone being injured. The extra linebacker will play all the special teams spots Ventrone did. The position flexibility of Sean Davis and Doran Grant allows them to make this decision.

"In short, in life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard; don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard!"
    Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life (1900)

• I think they will keep an extra linebacker and one less safety because of Ventrone being injured. The extra linebacker will play all the special teams spots Ventrone did. The position flexibility of Sean Davis and Doran Grant allows them to make this decision.

good point in the bold

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin