Bears Trade Up: Great move or colossal mistake?

Hello members and visitors! The forum has been upgraded to a new server and new forum software versions. We are in the process of tidying up and making it look nicer, but for now, please check out our two newest themes: Steel Nexus and Steel Nexus Worksafe!
  • I think if Mahomes had another year under his belt, he'd probably be a first rounder anyway. I don't know if the value was there for what they did, but if he pans out into a franchise quarterback, they're not going to miss those third rounders.

The question for me is: why move up one spot? The 49ers weren't going to take him. The scenario rolling around in my head was that, the Bears weren't the only ones trying to land a hopeful franchise QB, someone called the Bears snooping for a trade up, this caused the Bears to panic worrying that someone might call San Fran offering to do the same, so Chicago bit the bullet and did it themselves.

"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George Bernard Shaw

• Yeah that's who I meant. Tried to fire off a post from work where I shouldn't and was in a rush. Looks like I shouldn't be doing that.

"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George Bernard Shaw