In the past, a Steelers arrest would lit up the board

Hello members and visitors! The forum has been upgraded to a new server and new forum software versions. We are in the process of tidying up and making it look nicer, but for now, please check out our two newest themes: Steel Nexus and Steel Nexus Worksafe!
  • Well, my take is: thank God that this is not violence, criminal, etc. Dumb sure, but it's just a kid who didn't know how to handle traffic violations and racked up some civil infractions. I'll begrudgingly accept if the league hands out some minor consequences, but all in all I am truly not worried about this.

"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George Bernard Shaw

• Well, my take is: thank God that this is not violence, criminal, etc. Dumb sure, but it's just a kid who didn't know how to handle traffic violations and racked up some civil infractions. I'll begrudgingly accept if the league hands out some minor consequences, but all in all I am truly not worried about this.

pretty much the same here ... however I am from the school of thought the league should stay out of it entirely because it happened prior to playing a down in the league ( the infraction that got him the fines) and since it is not something that alters performance it simply is not any of their business ..

had it been a banned substance violation that alters his ability on the field in a + manner that would be another story for me anyways ..

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

• i agree... it didn't light up here because we get it. it was all over the news and such because of most people's knee jerk reaction to an arrest. but i believe here we look at it and make an intelligent decision as to whether it truly is something serious or not....