Which UDFA has the best chance to make the team?

Hello members and visitors! The forum has been upgraded to a new server and new forum software versions. We are in the process of tidying up and making it look nicer, but for now, please check out our two newest themes: Steel Nexus and Steel Nexus Worksafe!
  • Tight end Scott Orndoff, inside linebacker Matt Galambos or cornerback Mike Hilton?

I'm going to say Mike Hilton. I've read a few reports from Spring practices that Golson didn't look so good. Maybe its rust, but his skills may have diminished in two years without playing. Orndoff has a shot as well. I really hope they don't keep Davis Johnson. Galambos might push journeyman L.J Fort off the roster.

Chime in everybody!

"In short, in life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard; don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard!"
    Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life (1900)

• Tight end Scott Orndoff, inside linebacker Matt Galambos or cornerback Mike Hilton?

I'm going to say Mike Hilton. I've read a few reports from Spring practices that Golson didn't look so good. Maybe its rust, but his skills may have diminished in two years without playing. Orndoff has a shot as well. I really hope they don't keep Davis Johnson. Galambos might push journeyman L.J Fort off the roster.

Chime in everybody!

I think you have the two most likely from where I sit , Hilton's stature is a concern however at 5'8 but he plays bigger .....

Webb might have a shot but will probably depend on what we see from Jacob Hagen ( who I think has a legit shot to make the 53 this year )

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

• Hagen's chances went up when Damion Stafford failed to report. I wonder what's going on there?

"In short, in life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard; don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard!"
    Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life (1900)

• Safety Malik Golden signs with Steelers

I like it and here is why

another kid who used to play on the other side ( offense ) former wide out convert who has some ball skills and understands what the receiver is going to try and do against him more so than someone who has always been on D ... now we have a pair of rookie defenders in the defensive backfield that played WR

Malik Golden highlights

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin