Message Board History

Hello members and visitors! The forum has been upgraded to a new server and new forum software versions. We are in the process of tidying up and making it look nicer, but for now, please check out our two newest themes: Steel Nexus and Steel Nexus Worksafe!
  • While there are still a few living, breathing souls who stop by from time to time, could someone fill in the holes in my memory regarding the history of the various message boards we've been involved with?

I first remember posting on the Official Steelers Message Board back in 2002. Does anyone remember when that went away?

What was the name of the message board started by JC? Was it created right after the demise of the OSMB?

I seem to remember that board crashed somehow, and everything was tragically lost, and DraftSteel emerged like a phoenix from the flames.

DWins, did you post on the OSMB?

"In short, in life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard; don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard!"
    Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life (1900)

• yes posted there and is where i met JC and BigC a couple years before migrating to JC board ...

we where bounced out of the Steelers . com board several times for draft talk because " it was team only talk " ...

Jc Started a forum and it started as I recall as Draftsteel then turned into DBI ( draftboardinsiders) then that site because a draft megasite and the forum was moved back to Draftsteel ..

we left OSMB around 2001-2002 for good ...

Original members here where JC, BigC ( big curt now the head guy at steelerwire ) NewMex , Vrabnic ,Dianasteelers , Zu , Myself and a handful of others , we would pop over to OSMB from time to time and tell the better posters to come take a test drive and the site took off ...

my memory isn't what it once was and I am sure i forgot some important names that an hour from now I may remember but such is life at this stage of the game I guess

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

• On the old OSMB, one of my favorite posters was Drunkhilbilly. I started a totally useless thread on that board, just to see how long it would take for the mods to either delete it or me. Ran for 30+ pages.:laughing: They finally deleted it. Towards the end they were banning people left and right, and if you got slightly off topic, you'd hear about. Thus this board was born.

"this place is a bit like Atlas Shrugged" ---Lemonhead

"I think we're going to need a bigger boat"

"Oh George, not the livestock"!

• On the old OSMB, one of my favorite posters was Drunkhilbilly. I started a totally useless thread on that board, just to see how long it would take for the mods to either delete it or me. Ran for 30+ pages.:laughing: They finally deleted it. Towards the end they were banning people left and right, and if you got slightly off topic, you'd hear about. Thus this board was born.

We'll crush them; they suck!

"In short, in life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard; don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard!"
    Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life (1900)