2017 Week 2 Guru Vikings @ Steelers

Hello members and visitors! The forum has been upgraded to a new server and new forum software versions. We are in the process of tidying up and making it look nicer, but for now, please check out our two newest themes: Steel Nexus and Steel Nexus Worksafe!
  • time is ticking and looks like I will get the first prediction in at this late date

prior to the season I thought this is the year the Steelers average over 30 a game ,

but looks like they start in a hole towards that goal for the second week in a row to start the season ...

Steelers secure the home field opener victory 27-16 over the Vikes

amended mine prior to game start due to Bradford not getting the start

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

• Uncertainty about Sam Bradford's availability makes this game difficult to predict. If he plays, he's going to be less effective than he was against the Saints.

Le'Veon Bell is going to get more touches this week, including catches out of the 4-wide formation. I'm also predicting more downfield targets for Martavis Bryant.

Steelers defense bends a lot, and breaks a few times.

Steelers prevail, 33-24

"In short, in life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard; don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard!"
    Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life (1900)

• Yeah, Bradford makes this tough. He's a really good QB... much different team if he plays or doesn't.

Our secondary shows some grit. We get two coverage sacks. Bell has trouble getting it going and shows how stupid he was to turn down that contract offer. Run never really gets established and the Vikings out-battle us.

27-23 Vikings

"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George Bernard Shaw

• I dunno, same point differential, and dwins does have the Steelers score on the nose. I could give the win to either one. Either way I'm happy that I didn't win this week

"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George Bernard Shaw

• Hmm, the smilies seem to still be in the system though, just not showing up in the post options. I'll play with the settings when I get a chance to get those back up.

• I shy away from taking the guru wins unless it is painstaking obvious ...

just notices smilies no longer work hmmmm

I was looking into this, they worked for me, so what was the problem I thought... okay, it has to do with the worksafe theme. I realize that some don't need all the images stripped from the site, they just dont' want racy avatars showing up. I'll see if I can put together a "worksafe lite" theme, where avatars/banners in general don't show up, but your own avatar may still show up in the topbar (if you can't deal with your own avatar... either change it or use a more restrictive theme...), and the smilies will show up etc.