Training camp 8-12-18

Hello members and visitors! The forum has been upgraded to a new server and new forum software versions. We are in the process of tidying up and making it look nicer, but for now, please check out our two newest themes: Steel Nexus and Steel Nexus Worksafe!
  • It looks like you are on AB's side on the social media incident, or am I wrong?

"In short, in life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard; don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard!"
    Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life (1900)

• It looks like you are on AB's side on the social media incident, or am I wrong?

you could not be more right ......

Mr.Ed has been making shit up and mailing it in for years , its about time someone calls him out that he can not afford to block ...

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

• We are 180 degrees apart on this issue.

The Media can do or say whatever they want these days with seemingly no repercussions , I think it is about time someone holds Ed accountable ....

Mark Madden is now calling AB a narcissistic douchebag ... ( see how they can say what they want and no repercussions )

I think the Steelers should start pulling Media credentials to reporters who can not show the respect they so badly want ....

respect is earned and when you call players names and / or downright lie .... your free pass is up ...

If I was Brown ( or any member of any team ) I would ignore any member of the press that at any time was out of line with me or my team mates ..

Ed clearly lied ... he was called out by fans as soon as he made the post , some even called him fake news and showed video of AB with no limp

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

• I prefer the way the Jaguars handled a similar situation.

sadly we do not get to choose , that said If I where the Steelers I would be ratcheting down on whom I allowed access to the players ... guys like Madden would have their credentials removed , Bouchette would be warned , print the truth or print nothing

Ben Franklin

• I don't believe Mark Madden has a press credential. He hosts his radio show and some live events, but I can't recall him ever interviewing a player or being in the locker room.

Warn a beat writer from the only daily newspaper in town? C'mon. Warn him for what? He reported what he saw, that's all.

The fact that Tomlin allows his players to act the way they do is one symptom of the overall problem.

"In short, in life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard; don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard!"
    Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life (1900)

• I don't believe Mark Madden has a press credential. He hosts his radio show and some live events, but I can't recall him ever interviewing a player or being in the locker room.

Warn a beat writer from the only daily newspaper in town? C'mon. Warn him for what? He reported what he saw, that's all.

The fact that Tomlin allows his players to act the way they do is one symptom of the overall problem.

he seemingly was the only man on the planet that witnessed it yet there was nearly 10k people on hand ( and video refuting it ) .... I get what you are saying if there was not a history of Mr Ed making shit up and mailing it in , but there is

Ben Franklin