Random thoughts after watching Titans at Steelers

Hello members and visitors! The forum has been upgraded to a new server and new forum software versions. We are in the process of tidying up and making it look nicer, but for now, please check out our two newest themes: Steel Nexus and Steel Nexus Worksafe!
  • Camp and pre-season Week 1 phenom, Damoun Patterson, has come down to earth. Ditto James Washington. Washington left early with an abdominal strain. Looks like DHB and Justin Hunter have cemented their roster spots.

The 3-3-5 look featured no outside linebackers.

#44 did not look good in the second half. Dirty Red may know where to be, but he can't get there. Big step back in my opinion.

No dollar defense shown.

Will be hard to cut Ola Adeniyi.

James Conner's ability to catch the ball out of the backfield has improved substantially.

Jaylen Samuels made the most of his opportunities.

"In short, in life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard; don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard!"
    Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life (1900)

• I think Ola is here to stay all he does is work his tail off ... very good run fits , sat edge nicely and got pressure what more could anyone ask ?

Samuels showed to be the player I thought he was ( finally) ... it took awhile to get there but he seems and looks comfortable now .

James Conner is worlds better this year , not only rushing the ball , but as stated catching passes out of the backfield and much improved as a blocker ...

I agree dirty red took a big step back , in fact so much so he went from penciled in starter to a guy I see as on the bubble and I will not be shocked if he doesn't make the 53 .

another pleasant surprise for me anyways was the blocking of Bucky Hodges ( a guy said to have zero ability as a blocker ) stuck his block and maintained it nicely for about 3 seconds springing Samuels for a nice 1st down run over the left side ...

I hope to see Wile in the full game as the punter this week in the preseason finale as I liked what I seen from him vs the titans and he may be a slight upgrade over berry ( who IMO sucks)

roster cuts this year will be very interesting

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

• Agree with everything you wrote.

Not sure why Matt Wile hasn't made it onto a team since his days at Michigan. I think he would be an upgrade over Jordan Berry. Slightly cheaper too.

Xavier Grimble will make the final 53, then get put in IR designated to return with his thumb injury. Thumb is still in a cast. That paves the way for Bucky Hodges. I think they may try an upgrade that position if Vance McDonald can't stay healthy. He didn't return to practice.

"In short, in life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard; don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard!"
    Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life (1900)