Josh Dobbs could be traded

Hello members and visitors! The forum has been upgraded to a new server and new forum software versions. We are in the process of tidying up and making it look nicer, but for now, please check out our two newest themes: Steel Nexus and Steel Nexus Worksafe!
  • Ian Rappaport tweeted about the possibility.

Dale Lolley thinks the Panthers may be interested in Dobbs. Both of Carolina's back up aren't any good, and both are pocket passer type quarterbacks, which might make the mobile Dobbs appealing.

I would love to see both Dobbs and Coty Sensabaugh dealt.

If history is any indicator, there is at least one player on another team that will be on the Steelers' final 53 on Saturday. Kevin Colbert will trade for somebody or sign another team's castoff, or both. Tight end is a position of great need.

"In short, in life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard; don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard!"
    Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life (1900)

• if Dobbs lights it up tomorrow ... it may be Jones that goes , I seen a report that the market was heating up for BOTH players ...

so for a market to be heating up that to me at least sounds like they are open to dealing them at the right price ?

Dobbs passer rating this preseason is 110 ... if he lights it up again they might just keep him or could perhaps get a decent pick or player ( linebacker ? TE ? )

I am not a Sensabaugh fan but as a 5th corner I would take that ...but if we could get a 5th for him I would be ok with that too

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

• Landry Jones will not be traded or cut. He's the only experienced back-up. If Dobbs plays well, teams that hope he can help them in the future, or serve as the back-up to a starter with a similar skill set, i.e. Cam Newton, may show some interest. I think it is more likely he gets cut and put on the practice squad.

Carrying three quarterbacks is a waste of a roster position (only half the league does it) but carrying four would be an absolute farce. Makes me think Tomlin might do it, just to show us how smart he is.

"In short, in life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard; don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard!"
    Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life (1900)

• Dobbs put out a statement game ... 135 QB rating tonight and 111 for the preseason and averaged 10 yards per attempt for the preseason ( not per completion ) per attempt ! that is outstanding , he looks to drive the ball down the field !

Jones looks to dump it off ..

I am wanting a QB with killer instinct looking to win games , not playing to not lose them ....

Dobbs is my backup if I am making the decisions and Rudolph is the 3 and Jones is on another roster holding a clip board

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin