Steelers at Browns 9 Sep 18 Guru

Hello members and visitors! The forum has been upgraded to a new server and new forum software versions. We are in the process of tidying up and making it look nicer, but for now, please check out our two newest themes: Steel Nexus and Steel Nexus Worksafe!
  • Let's see if we get this tradition going again.

Cleveland will be a better team than last year, eventually, but not in Week 1.

I would have given Baker Mayfield the starting job from the get go. Tyrod Taylor isn't the answer.

Hue Jackson dithered all week over who was going to start at left tackle. He settled on an UDFA from West Georgia. Either Jackson is a genius, or the Browns O-line is in disarray already. I predict Bud Dupree will actually get his name on the stat sheet.

Not having Le'Veon Bell is disappointing, but this year is slightly different, as Conner has been preparing to start all along. Bell didn't exactly set the world on fire in last year's opener.

Ben is a good quarterback in inclement weather, but 40 mph winds and a downpour will have a negative effect on scoring and offensive production in general.

I'm going with 19-13 Steelers.

"In short, in life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard; don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard!"
    Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life (1900)