Hello members and visitors! The forum has been upgraded to a new server and new forum software versions. We are in the process of tidying up and making it look nicer, but for now, please check out our two newest themes: Steel Nexus and Steel Nexus Worksafe!
  • I know I know.....but to be over 500 this far into the season, and taking 2 of 3 from the Reds....I can wish can't I.

"this place is a bit like Atlas Shrugged" ---Lemonhead

"I think we're going to need a bigger boat"

"Oh George, not the livestock"!

• Better pitching this year...

...but perhaps worse batting, if that were even possible.

"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George Bernard Shaw

• "Lemonhead" wrote:

I know I know.....but to be over 500 this far into the season, and taking 2 of 3 from the Reds....I can wish can't I.

Screw that. :laughing: I'm a Reds fan, if you can call it that. Not really into baseball that much. Growing up an hour and a half north of Cinci and witnessing the Big Red machine of the 70's I guess it's logical. It was cool at the time. Only reason I'm a Steelers fan is probably because the Bungals and Browns were so terrible in the 70's. Add to that is that our family is a football 1st family and my Dad succumed to the Bengals when they were founded (instead of remaining a Browns fan) and my older bother was a Browns fan. I just couldn't be the same as either one of them, especaily when the Steelers were winning. Had to show my independence somehow and the Cleveland Indians weren't even an afterthought in the 70's.

• "Jaucer" wrote:

Screw that. :laughing: I'm a Reds fan, if you can call it that. Not really into baseball that much. Growing up an hour and a half north of Cinci and witnessing the Big Red machine of the 70's I guess it's logical. It was cool at the time. Only reason I'm a Steelers fan is probably because the Bungals and Browns were so terrible in the 70's. Add to that is that our family is a football 1st family and my Dad succumed to the Bengals when they were founded (instead of remaining a Browns fan) and my older bother was a Browns fan. I just couldn't be the same as either one of them, especaily when the Steelers were winning. Had to show my independence somehow and the Cleveland Indians weren't even an afterthought in the 70's.

:TO: What was that you said? I was too busy licking your avatar. :cool: Hey, at least my monitor is clean in that spot.

• What I want to know about the Pirates is... who kidnapped them and replaced them with a baseball team?

"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George Bernard Shaw

• Tied for first in he division, with one of the best home records in baseball. I know they'll wake up soon, but I'm having fun right now......and Burnett pitching well. (6-2) 3.61 ERA

• Here's hoping for no collapse after the allstar break this time.

Pittsburgh has room for three sports -- Penguins, Steelers, and Pirates -- and despite how bad they've been the Pirates remain one of the more popular teams in the country. You see the P hats everywhere you go in this country. There's no reason that if this team starts winning, they can't financially compete long term. Pittsburgh is not a small market, based on both diaspora and how many people are still in the Allegheny metro area.

• Tied for first and tied for best record in MLB. 6 wins in a row.........can I dare to dream that this team is for real.....I guess we will see after the All Star break!!

• How about them Pirates!! They are finding ways to win and not to loooooooose. Haven't bin this interested since Leyland left!

• If this keeps up I might have to replace my VanSlyke jersey with something current!

• "Mistah_Q" wrote:

If this keeps up I might have to replace my VanSlyke jersey with something current!

Damn, was that a team.... Drabek, Smiley, VanSlyke, Bonilla, Merced, Jay Bell, pre-roid Bonds, Slaught, Lind...

I'm about to get all nostalgic here. I know there are the 90s Indians, the Griffey Jr. Mariners, some old As, Reds, and Dodgers teams, and a few others that deserve mention, but those 1991 Pirates may just be the best team that never won the World Series

• 4 out of 5 against STL.......I LOVE IT!! Go ahead Mistah get a new jersey. I can only watch replays, but these guys are having fun and playing hard.......even A.J. :cheers: