Walk the Mock: 2017 Steelers edition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome, readers and visitors! To get the most out of DraftSteel be sure to register for the site, or log in if you're already a member. Registered members can take part in forum discussions, comment on feature articles, and more - including poll voting, the arcade, and exclusive members-only access to Gameday and Draft Day chat rooms. We hope to have you join the conversation soon!

• Walk the Mock: 2017 Steelers edition

My latest mock from [walkthemock.com](walkthemock.com) via Default ranking

Pick | Team | Player | Pos | College
      :-- | :-- | :-- | :-- | :--
      1:32 | PIT | T.J. Watt | EDGE | Wisconsin
      2:32 | PIT | Chris Wormley | DE | Michigan
      3:32 | PIT | Jake Butt | TE | Michigan
      4:31 | PIT | Wayne Gallman | RB | Clemson
      5:31 | PIT | Ben Boulware | LB | Clemson
      6:32 | PIT | Da'Shawn Hand | DE | Alabama
      7:32 | PIT | Channing Stribling | CB | Michigan

I been getting some interesting results thus far. This one is updated at least. if the Steelers draft turned out like this, I'd be content...
    • One Side Only wrote:

A quarterback?
      Using the Rooney comment as an emphasis, When I saw that Kizer was available, I jumped on it, and still found 2 very good LBs in the meanwhile. Now, I know the likelihood of this happening is pretty damn slim. But if he was there, would the Steelers pass on him? The good thing about this is, Mettenberger is expendable in this scenario, unless Jones gets picked up in FA.
    • My latest mock from walkthemock.com for PIT via Default ranking

1:30 - CB Sidney Jones, Washington
      2:30 - LB Anthony Walker, Northwestern
      3:30 - EDGE Derek Rivers, Youngstown St.
      4:29 - NT Lowell Lotulelei, Utah
      5:29 - S Rayshawn Jenkins, Miami
      6:30 - RB Jamaal Williams, Brigham Young
      7:30 - DE Ryan Glasgow, Michigan

I really like this mock, if only because it also give the Steelers a really good CB and potentially moves Cockrell to the bench. I'm really high on Walker, if Cunningham isn't there. One could say, Walker is potentially better than Cunningham, and that's saying a lot. To me, this one of those sneaky good drafts.

1:30 - EDGE Takkarist McKinley, UCLA
      2:30 - S Justin Evans, Texas A&M
      3:30 - CB Cameron Sutton, Tennessee
      4:29 - EDGE Hunter Dimick, Utah
      5:29 - RB James Conner, Pittsburgh
      6:30 - DE Da'Shawn Hand, Alabama
      7:30 - CB Jeremy Cutrer, Middle Tennessee
      "They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
      Ben Franklin
    • secondary and edge heavy ... who wants to play MAN coverage and get after the QB with fresh guys to rotate ..... I do !!!

My latest mock from walkthemock.com for PIT via Default ranking

1:30 - CB Sidney Jones, Washington
      2:30 - S Justin Evans, Texas A&M
      4:29 - EDGE Hunter Dimick, Utah
      5:29 - RB Marlon Mack, USF
      6:30 - EDGE Ken Ekanem, Virginia Tech
      7:30 - EDGE Bryan Cox, Florida
      "They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
      Ben Franklin
    • almost got Hardy Nickerson in the 6th but he went a pick before me ...

2:30 - TE Evan Engram, Ole Miss
      4:29 - LB Peter Kalambayi, Stanford
      5:29 - RB Donnel Pumphrey, San Diego St.
      7:30 - EDGE Bryan Cox, Florida
      Ben Franklin

1:30 - EDGE Dawuane Smoot, Illinois

2:30 - EDGE Jordan Willis, Kansas State

4:29 - S Eddie Jackson, Alabama

5:29 - TE Jake Butt, Michigan .....sit him a year and get him Healthy its like having an extra 2018 2nd rounder

6:30 - QB Chad Kelly, Ole Miss .... this kid is a borderline idiot but you just cant ignore the arm talent he has , that being said you place him on Ir the last day of camp get him mental health help it is still a risk but in the 6th round the risk vs reward factor is in your favor because most 6th rounders don't make the team anyways

7:30 - RB Jamaal Williams, Brigham Young
      Ben Franklin

1:30 - EDGE Taco Charlton, Michigan
      2:30 - LB Anthony Walker, Northwestern
      4:29 - RB Samaje Perine, Oklahoma
      5:29 - EDGE Daeshon Hall, Texas A&M
      6:30 - DT Vincent Taylor, Oklahoma St.
      7:30 - CB Jeremy Cutrer, Middle Tennessee

Yeah, we'll see how this draft plays out, once the combine comes along, lol. Usually, I can't even get my hands on Samaje, as I'd pick him before J. Williams, who I really think is going to be a hell of a back in the league. And I've been checking out Hall as of late. He's developmental right now, let him bulk up a bit more, develop more moves, and the OLB rotation will simply rock. Taco, Daeshon and Dupree? QBs are going to hate life facing those three. The hardest decision I had in this draft, was choosing between Taco and Peppers...
    • Sorry, first two pick were BPA and I wouldn't pass on them if I were in the draft room.

My latest mock from walkthemock.com for PIT via LMDLd4e2 ranking

1:30 - RB Christian McCaffrey, Stanford
      2:30 - WR Cooper Kupp, Eastern Washington
      3:30 - EDGE Ejuan Price, Pittsburgh
      4:29 - CB Rasul Douglas, West Virginia
      5:29 - TE Jake Butt, Michigan
      7:30 - LB Vince Biegel, Wisconsin
    • It will be interesting to see how these rankings change once everyone turns their full attention to the draft process. Like do McKinely and Harris change spots as the "atheletic" edge rusher?

How much do Chad Kelly's interviews and likely ridiculous combine/pro day move him up or even onto draft boards?

Can't wait. So much fun.
    • mojouw wrote:

It will be interesting to see how these rankings change once everyone turns their full attention to the draft process. Like do McKinely and Harris change spots as the "atheletic" edge rusher?

How much do Chad Kelly's interviews and likely ridiculous combine/pro day move him up or even onto draft boards?

Can't wait. So much fun.
      they are already changing ..... here is my latest effort

2:30 - CB Tre'Davious White, LSU
      3:30 - EDGE Carroll Phillips, Illinois
      4:29 - CB Cameron Sutton, Tennessee
      5:29 - LB Richie Brown, Mississippi St.
      6:30 - TE Jake Butt, Michigan
      7:30 - RB De'Veon Smith, Michigan
      Ben Franklin

1:30 - EDGE Taco Charlton, Michigan
      2:30 - EDGE Carl Lawson, Auburn
      4:29 - S John Johnson, Boston College
      5:29 - RB Marlon Mack, USF
      6:30 - OT Greg Pyke, Georgia
      7:30 - LB Hardy Nickerson, Illinois
      Ben Franklin
    • One Side Only wrote:

There's going to be a wide receiver in there somewhere in the first three rounds.
      could be , but I wouldnt ....

Bryant will be back , Brown on other side , Eli in slot .... Ayers proves worthy , Hamilton had a lot of big catches for limited action , Coates healthy ? and you still have DHB ... Severin who was hurt has a lot of talent just not sure where you put another WR
      Ben Franklin