Visitors 4/3/2017

Welcome, readers and visitors! To get the most out of DraftSteel be sure to register for the site, or log in if you're already a member. Registered members can take part in forum discussions, comment on feature articles, and more - including poll voting, the arcade, and exclusive members-only access to Gameday and Draft Day chat rooms. We hope to have you join the conversation soon!

• Visitors 4/3/2017

Patrick Mahomes, Josh Dobbs (QB, Tennessee) and wide receivers Joshua Reynolds (Northern Illinois) and Kenny Golladay (Texas A&M). Reynolds is projected to go in the 4th round, Golladay in the 5th.
      "In short, in life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard; don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard!"
      Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life (1900)
    • mojouw wrote:

What are folks thoughts on Mahomes in round 1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I don't think they will select a QB in the first three rounds and I don't think they should select a QB at all. Mahomes is a project at best.
      "In short, in life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard; don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard!"
      Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life (1900)
    • mojouw wrote:

if going after a QB it has to be Mahomes , he IMO is not the project many think he is .

he is a project no doubt but aren't they all ? I see a lot of Ben in him , a lot of Favre in him " gunslinger" but I also see a guy with elite arm talent who can make all the throws from some of the most unorthodox ways and if he can learn the proper mechanics the sky is the limit .

as is I think he still gives you a better chance to win than Jones , what would a year behind Ben do , what would 2 years do ?

I love this kids potential but only the front office knows what Ben is really thinking and how close to done he is ( or at least I hope they know )
      "They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
      Ben Franklin
    • Dwinsgames wrote:

mojouw wrote:

if going after a QB it has to be Mahomes , he IMO is not the project many think he is .
      he is a project no doubt but aren't they all ? I see a lot of Ben in him , a lot of Favre in him " gunslinger" but I also see a guy with elite arm talent who can make all the throws from some of the most unorthodox ways and if he can learn the proper mechanics the sky is the limit .

as is I think he still gives you a better chance to win than Jones , what would a year behind Ben do , what would 2 years do ?

I love this kids potential but only the front office knows what Ben is really thinking and how close to done he is ( or at least I hope they know )
      that's basically my thought as well. I could be easily talked in to a late round gamble on Chad Kelly.
    • it would have to be rd 6 or 7 for me to be comfortable as I think there are player who can help us still going to be available in rd 5 and would want the risk as low as humanly possible for Kelly , kid has talent but a 2 cent head
      "They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
      Ben Franklin