Mel Kiper's 3-Round Steelers Mock 19 Apr 17

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome, readers and visitors! To get the most out of DraftSteel be sure to register for the site, or log in if you're already a member. Registered members can take part in forum discussions, comment on feature articles, and more - including poll voting, the arcade, and exclusive members-only access to Gameday and Draft Day chat rooms. We hope to have you join the conversation soon!

• Mel Kiper's 3-Round Steelers Mock 19 Apr 17

New

Zay Jones WR East Carolina

Tyus Bowser Edge / OLB Houston

Rasul Douglas CB WVU

Kendell Beckwith ILB LSU

I didn't think Zay Jones was thought of as a first round pick. Without seeing the other teams in this mock, I can't comment on who the Steelers might have passed up to pick Jones. However, I know the Steelers are interested in Jones, and my amateur analysis of Steeler officials' comments and actions leads me to believe they will pass on an OLB in the first round. If there is a first round rated CB there, I hope they take him over Zay Jones, but I have no doubt Jones would be an immediate impact player.

Tyus Bowser is as a good of a fit at OLB as anyone, so I wouldn't complain about this selection in the second.

I like Rasul Douglas and he would be a terrific pick in the third.

I don't like the Beckwith selection. I think there will be better options in the third round, like Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech and JustinEvans, S, Texas A & M.
      "In short, in life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard; don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard!"
      Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life (1900)
    • New

One Side Only wrote:

Zay Jones WR East Carolina

Tyus Bowser Edge / OLB Houston

Rasul Douglas CB WVU

Kendell Beckwith ILB LSU

I didn't think Zay Jones was thought of as a first round pick. Without seeing the other teams in this mock, I can't comment on who the Steelers might have passed up to pick Jones. However, I know the Steelers are interested in Jones, and my amateur analysis of Steeler officials' comments and actions leads me to believe they will pass on an OLB in the first round. If there is a first round rated CB there, I hope they take him over Zay Jones, but I have no doubt Jones would be an immediate impact player.

Tyus Bowser is as a good of a fit at OLB as anyone, so I wouldn't complain about this selection in the second.

I like Rasul Douglas and he would be a terrific pick in the third.

I don't like the Beckwith selection. I think there will be better options in the third round, like Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech and JustinEvans, S, Texas A & M.
      Zay Jones is not a 1st round quality pick , he is reportedly a heck of a kid , great work ethic , smart , high football IQ all those sort of things but he is not a super talented athlete to go along with it .... does that mean he won't have a good or maybe even great career ... NO but it does put him a notch below guys that can do all the things he can do and are + level athletes ... Jones is a late 2-3 round talent

Bowser . I like this kid but apparently I like them more than the Steelers as I do not believe they have talked /visited/worked out for them

Douglas is an interesting kid has nice length , good speed and has shown the ability to shut some guys down

Beckwith decent enough of a player but I think at this point taking him off the board will be leaving some much more talented players on the board ...

my theory has always been never leave more talent on the board than what you take off and the beckwith selection for me is doing just that ...

who did he have in RD4 ? as those 4 picks only gets us out of rd3
      "They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
      Ben Franklin